Getting Japan Visa definitely make your Passport stronger for genuine travelers and it can also help getting approvals of other visas (USA, UK, SCHENGEN).
DISCLAIMER: I am writing this blog after my first hand experience of applying and getting Japanese visa in June-2023 from their Embassy in Islamabad. Things might get change anytime.
IS IT EASY TO GET JAPAN VISA?
The answer is both YES and NO 🙂
YES ! because as of today, there is NO VISA FEE for Japan Visa and very few documents are required for Tourist visa
NO ! because the process of submitting application (as of June-2023) is very insane
Currently Japan embassy has no appointment system and they are issuing only 50 visas per day. Out of which 25 visas for Visit (tourist) and 25 for Business (work). Hence you must be in first 25 people to submit your application otherwise you will be sent back.
PROCESS OF APPLYING VISA
After filling the Application form and attaching your documents, you have to submit your documents in Japan embassy. Since their Appointment system is yet to be launched, so you have to reach as early as possible at Visa-Seeker-Shuttle-Point in Islamabad
Embassy opens at 9:00 AM, but i reached at Shuttle point around 5:00 AM and see how many people were already standing in the que
When i asked the first 20 people about their time, they told that they came at 1:00 AM at night so that they should be included in first 25 people. Hence i went back and then thought to come back next day.
I am sure when Appointment system will be launched by Japan embassy then this type of Hassle will be finished.
In case you are in Lucky 25 people, you have to pay 1000 Rs + CNIC copy to Shutte point and a Token will be given to you. On this token, a van will drop you at Japan embassy.
SECOND METHOD: WITHOUT SHUTTLE SERVICE
If you have any reference in Japan embassy or any other embassy inside Diplomatic enclave, you can avoid this hassle. Your friend will ask the security to enter your car inside Diplomatic enclave and you can directly reach to any Embassy on your own car. Park your car outside Japan embassy. The guards will initially send first 50 people who came there through shuttle point. Then they will ask the embassy to entertain without-token applicants. If they allow, they will send you inside. On second day, i applied through this method with reference of my friend.
TYPES OF JAPAN VISAS
You can apply Japan visa on the following basis:
- Relatives/Friend visit
Out of all above, the easiest is Tourist visa, however the approval is not 100% sure. Your Travel history and Bank statement matters a lot. I suggest to have closing balance above 25 Lac in your account.
For Business visa, you need Invitation letter, Guarantee letter and many other documents from Invitee that must attested from Japan Ministry.
FILLING APPLICATION FORM FOR JAPAN VISA
Japan application form are present on their official website. You must download and fill the form from HERE
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VISIT/ TOURIST VISA
- Current Passport (original)
- Photocopy on current passport 1st page (on A4 page)
- All previous passports (original)
- CNIC original
- CNIC photocopy (on A4 page)
- Application Form
- Picture (2 x 2 inch) with white background must be pasted with Glue on form
- Day wise plan in detail: ITINERARY
- All Hotel bookings mentioned in above Itinerary
- Flight booking (only reservation)
- Visa request letter on your Business Letter Head (or Employer Letter head in case of Job)
- Business/Firm registration Certificate (to prove that you are running a registered business)
- Last 3 months Bank statement (closing balance above 25 Lac Rs)
- Bank Maintenance letter
- Nadra FRC (In case of family travel)
IMPORTANT NOTES: Take below points seriously otherwise your application will not be accepted
- The Date + Sign at the end of Application should be the done after you reach inside embassy
- All photocopies should be on A4 papers
- All the blank fields in Application form must be filled and must not left empty. If any thing is irrelevant, write “NOT APPLICABLE” . e.g the 2nd page of Application (Invitor + Guarantor information is for Business visa applicants only. A tourist visa applicant must write “NOT APPLICABLE” in all the fields)
- No document must have staple pins. Even picture should be Glued on the form
Once your token number is called. You will go to the interview window. The glass window is one-side blind. The interviewer can see you from inside but you can not see him from outside. The officer is Pakistani and will ask questions in Urdu. He will judge you seeing your business, job, travel history, bank balance etc. If you do not satisfy him, he will return the documents as it is. If you satisfy him, he will submit your application but that does not mean that your visa will approved. Your application is accepted only for Processing.
VISA APPROVAL AND PROCESSING TIME
Once your application is submitted, they give you a tracking bar code and ask you to wait for 10 days to receive a call. Once you receive a call, you have to again go to Shuttle point and pick the passport. The approval chances are 50/50. If your visa is not approved you get a rejection stamp on your passport and you can not re-apply before 6 months.
ALSO READ OTHER TRAVEL BLOGS:
- HOW TO APPLY CHINESE VISA ON PAKISTANI PASSPORT
- HOW TO APPLY USA-VISA ON PAKISTANI PASSPORT
- HOW TO APPLY JAPAN VISA ON PAKISTANI PASSPORT
- HOW I FUND MY TRAVELS – BUDGET TRAVELING TIPS FOR BACKPACKING
- GADGETS I USE FOR TRAVEL AND VLOGGING
- Visiting BALKAN countries on PAKISTANI Passport – Detail Travel Guide
- PAKISTAN TO IRAN + TURKEY BY BUS – DETAIL GUIDE
- DUDIPATSAR LAKE TREKKING – AN ULTIMATE GUIDE
- GUIDE TO TREK FAIRY MEADOWS | BEYAL CAMP | NANGA PARBAT VIEW POINT AND BASE CAMP
- SKARDU ROAD TRIP ON BIKE – A Complete Guide
- KUMRAT VALLEY CAMPING AND VISITING GUIDE
- JAHAZ BANDA AND KATORA LAKE TREKKING GUIDE
- HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A MOTORBIKE ROAD TRIP
WATCH TRAVEL SERIES ON YOUTUBE
LOCAL TRAVEL SERIES
- MISSION KASHMIR SERIES – SOLO BIKE TOUR
- LAHORE TO GWADAR – SOLO BIKE TOUR
- SINDH SERIES
- BALOCHISTAN SERIES
- LAHORE TO SKARDU – SOLO BIKE TOUR
- JAHAZ BANDA AND KATORA LAKE
- KUMRAT VALLEY
- GALIYAT SERIES
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL SERIES
- IRAN SERIES – BY BUS
- TURKEY SERIES – BY BUS
- NORTH AMERICA (USA + CANADA) 2022
- BALKANS (EUROPE) SERIES
- SRILANKA SERIES
- INDONESIA SERIES
- USA SERIES 2019